Terms and conditions : as per M. K. Bhavnagar University Ordinance Below
ORDINANCE OF EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS
Notwithstanding anything contained in Ordinance 24, every student desiring to be enrolled as a candidate for an external examination, must have passed the Pre-University examination in Arts, Science, Commerce or Rural Studies of the University or the Higher Secondary (12th Standard) School Certificate Examination of the Gujarat Secondary Education Board with the subjects laid down in statute 161 or an examination recognised as equivalent thereto. A Candidate must also apply in the prescribed form and pay the necessary fees for enrolment as an external student.
(1) Any person desiring to be registered for External Examination of this University shall apply in the prescribed form with the fees prescribed by this University.
(2) No person whose name is registered as a student in a college or at any University during the academic year concerned for any course shall be eligible for registration as an External student during the academic year concerned except with the sanction of the Executive Council. A declaration to the effect that he is not registered as a student in a college or any University during the academic year concerned shall be signed by the person in the presence of a Court Member of the University for the time being or a Head Master of a High School in Gujarat State or any Judicial Magistrate in India in case where the declaration is subsequently found to be false of frivolous, the registration granted shall be liable to be canceled without notice.
(3) The student intending to be registered as an external student shall obtain from the Registrar Bhavnagar University appropriate form of application for registration. This form duly completed shall be received at the University together with the Registration fee on or before the last date prescribed for receiving application in this behalf. It will however be competent for the Registrar Bhavnagar University to accept in his discretion, applications received after the prescribed date.
(4) The Registrar, Bhavnagar University shall send before 1 st November-April in case of October-June examination. An official intimation of registration to every student who has applied for registration and has paid necessary fees provided the application is in order.
(5) Registration for an external examination is valid only for the particular examination and for the same year and shall not be reserved for or transferred for any subsequent examination.
(6) A candidate who has once been registered for an external examination conducted by this University and appeared and failed at that examination can appear at a subsequent examination of this University only after a fresh registration.
No candidate who has appeared at any examination as an external student shall be eligible for any Scholarship Price, Fellowship, Medal or other awards of the University at the examination which is not specifically reserved for external students.
Exemption earned by a candidate at an external examination may be claimed only if the candidate appears subsequently as an external candidate.
A Candidate appearing at any external examination will have to obtain an identity Card which will be issued on payment of Rs. 10/- only. He has to affix a Pass-Port-Size photograph in the space provided in the Identity card and duly signed by him and certified by any one of the following persons:
(1) A Government Gazetted Officer, or (2) Principal of a college affiliated to this University, or (3) any member of the Court of this University for the time being or (4) the Head Master of a recognised Higher Secondary School in the State of Gujarat.
The signature's stamp of the Registrar, Bhavnagar University be affixed in the Identity Card. The Identity card will continue till the candidate continues his studies but the Identity Card will have to be renewed every year for which no fees will be charged. A duplicate Identity card will be issued on payment of Rs. 10/- only is cases where the Original Identity Card is either lost or spoiled or has been turn. The Identity Card will have to be sent to the University either for fresh registration or renewal along with the application from which will be returned to the candidate with the letter of registration.
The last date for receiving the form of application for registration in respect of each examination specified in the table below shall be before January-June of the previous year of the October-March examination of the Calendar Year in which the examination is to be held. The fees for registration of the candidate, which shall consist of an enrolment fee, guidance fee and an examination fee in respect of in undergraduate students and Post-Graduate registration fees, guidance lectures fee and examination fees, in respect of Post-Graduates students shall be charged in respect of each examination at the rate shown against in the table given below:
(A) FEES FOR UNDERGRADUATE CANDIDATES: (B) REGISTRATION FEES FOR POST GRADUATE CANDIDATES
External fees category and subcategory wise.
FRESH STUDENTS FEES CATEGORY WISE
(Uni Staff 200)
(Uni Staff 240)
(Uni Staff 250)
(Uni Staff 300)
REPEATER STUDENTS REGULAR FEES
(Uni Staff Full Fee)
(Uni Staff Full Fee)
1) Fresh Students has to pay category wise fees.
2) Repeater Students has to pay Regular Fees.
3) University Staff Discount 90% Less of Overall Fees. (Fresh Fess)
4) If Refund of fees then deduct as par university rule.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in this behalf in Ordinance no fee shall be charged for first time a statement of marks obtained by him at an examination.
(3) The registration fees once paid by a candidate in respect of an examination shall be refunded at the cost of the candidate or the person claiming under him to the extent and in the circumstances mentioned here in below, namely.
(a) If a candidate is found to be ineligible for registration at an examination for any reason whatsoever the full amount of registration fees shall be refunded to him after deducting fifty rupees there from.
(b) If a candidate expires at any time prior to time fixed for the commencement of the examination, the full amount of registration fees shall be refunded to the person found to be entitled on his making an application in writing in that behalf supported by evidence of death of the candidate.
(c) If a candidate withdraws his application for registration on or before the 31st December, 31 June immediately preceding the date of examination i.e. October-March examination the case may be one half of the amount of the registration fee shall be refunded to him at own cost.
(d) Where a candidate is suddenly taken ill and is on that account unable to appear at examination and makes an application in writing in that behalf for refund of fees supported by a Medical Certificate, duly signed by Register Medical Practitioner, so as to reach the Registrar/Controller of Examinations at any time prior to the time fixed for the commencement of the examination, one half of the amount of the examination fees shall be refunded to him. If a telegraphic intimation about the inability of the candidate to appear at an examination on account of sudden illness is received by the Registrar from the candidate any time fixed for the commencement of the examination and is followed up by an application in writing for refund of fees supported by a Medical Certificate as provided herein before, so as to reach the Registrar within seven days from the date fixed for the commencement of the examination the University may in its discretion refund to the candidate one half of the amount of the examination fees.
No candidate shall be eligible for registration for first B.A. (External) examination unless he has (a) passed the Pre-University examination in Arts, Science, Commerce or Rural Studies of this University or the Higher Secondary (12th Standard) School Certificate Examination of the Gujarat Secondary Education Board an examination recognised as equivalent thereto (b) applied for registration on or before the 15th December/15 June of each year (c) allowed an interval of at least one year between his passing the Pre-University examination in Arts, Science. Commerce or Rural Studies of this University or the Higher Secondary (12th Standard) School Certificate Examination of the Gujarat Secondary Education Board or an examination recognised as equivalent thereto and his appearance at the First B.A. (External) Examination.
A candidate who has passed the T. D. Examination from a statutory University in India shall also be permitted to register at the First B.A. (External) Examination, if he fulfils other conditions.
Students registered for First B.A. (External) Examination shall be exempted from regular attendance and the Keeping of terms at an affiliated college.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any of the Ordinance Regulations and Rules relating to the Examination in the faculty of Arts & Commerce a candidate registering his name in any of the External Examinations shall be allowed to offer only those subjects and optional papers of the various subjects which are actually taught either in the affiliated colleges or recognised Institutions or the University Department and Post-Graduate Centre run by the University provided further that the Vice-Chancellor may allow in special circumstances students to offer subjects not taught in the University Department and P.G. Centers run by the University on individual merit of the case.